- Job Title: Commercial Data Analyst
- Location: Itasca, IL
- Reports to: Commercial Manager
- Supervision: NA
The primary role of a Commercial Network Data Analyst is to utilize data to perform diverse analyses on cost optimization alternatives for the company’s international logistics network. They will also be involved in providing pricing to the Sales team for international and domestic mail, publications, and parcel distribution solutions. Analysts must develop a strong understanding of ePost Global’s logistics operations in order to provide accurate, competitive pricing and analysis. This position is highly collaborative and routinely interacts with other departments in the company to perform its duties, specifically Sales, Customer Service, Operations, Dispatch, Billing, A/P, Export, and Finance. This position will be working out of our Itasca, Illinois facility.
Work is typically performed under minimum supervision, generating customized analytical reports with approval needed for pricing quotes/schemes generated. Commercial Network Data Analysts must be able to independently evaluate processes, gain an understanding of internal operating processes, procedures, cost metrics, and transportation market conditions, seek input from sales and other departments, and incorporate it into overall work objectives.
- Develop routing schemes and quotes, working with Sales, Finance, Business Development, and other departments as necessary
- Work directly with all company departments, including sales, customer service, operations, dispatch, billing, A/P, export, and finance, to achieve routing and pricing objectives.
- Manage and maintain proprietary pricing, costing, and routing databases and tools
- Interpret data and conduct a technical analysis to determine financial performance and operational efficiency, and help drive business decisions
- Special assignments as requested by management
- Develop customized reports as requested
- Contribute to achieving EPG business goals and meet individual goals/metrics.
- Must demonstrate professional behaviors at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Job Knowledge & Skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ePost Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business, STEM or related field.
- Strong demonstrated analytical background and experience
Advanced competency using MS Excel, SQL and other software to perform sensitivity analyses with available data.
3-5 years relevant work experience.
Knowledge of eCommerce parcel and mail distribution, international logistics or supply chain logistics highly desirable.
- FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
- Family: Commercial