July 31, 2022
Customer Service Representative – New Jersey
Job Title: Customer Service Representative- New Jersey
Reports to: Regional Customer Service Manager
This position works as a liaison between our ePost Global team, Billing, Commercial, Support, Operations, and our customers to ensure that all customer specifications are met. A key focus of this position is timely and effective communication to both internal and external customers in regard to all inquiries. This position will be onsite at the South Hackensack, New Jersey facility.
- Build effective relationships with internal and external customers.
- Act as a liaison for our facility and with the rest of our organization to ensure that all parties understand all customer expectations including but not limited the following: any SLA (service level agreements), job requirements, schedule information, special instructions, delivery expectations, cost components, sell rates, etc.
- Responsible for daily shipment research.
- Follow up on customer excel files including multiple inbound tracking numbers to reconcile shipments.
- Research and resolve billing exceptions.
- Answer and track all incoming customer inquiries/issues, owning and closing the issue. Provide regular timely and thorough responses to ensure customer satisfaction, especially for escalated issues.
- Schedule any pick-ups necessary for customers through the EPG Dispatch dept.
- Analyze customer schedules to ensure we meet expectations
- Partner with internal departments to ensure alternative solutions are provided for the client if expectations are at risk
- Mentor/job shadow with all pertinent parties to ensure you are up to date with best practices and to continue the growth and development in current role.
- Work with peers to ensure optimal flow of workload and coverage in the absence of others.
- Travel potentially required.
- Daily and weekend overtime is expected to manage escalated or high visibility issues
- Meet all business unit goals and individual goals/metrics.
- Must always demonstrate professional behaviors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Knowledge & Skills
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in discipline related to functional work role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience with international mail & parcel logistics OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems.
- Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables, and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
- Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office software (highly recommended to be at least highly proficient in Microsoft Excel), MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
- Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
- Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
- Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
- Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing requisition.
ePost Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Family: Customer Service